I had my 12 week. I heard the baby's heartbeat. It was very strong. The second she put the doppler on my stomach you could hearthe heartbeat.
Since Kayleigh was such a big baby, 10 pounds 14 ounces, my new doctor's will be giving me the diabetes test twice rather than once. My 1st test in February 9th. I have to drink this really gross sugary type soda, and they check my blood. If my levels are high it's gestational diabetes and I'll have to go on a special diet. If I pass, I'll be retested again at 7 months.
I will be monitered throughout this pregnancy with extra ultrasounds. Kayleigh has hydronephrosis, which is when fluid is backed up into her kidneys. (Actually we had an appointment at Children's Hospital yesterday for an ultrasound for her, and her right kidney is now normal, and the left is getting much better. Great news!!!) So, they want to keep an eye out on this baby to make sure nothing is up with the kidney's.
Also, I think I may try for a VBAC. Not totally sure yet. They will also be checking to see how big the baby is with ultrasounds towards the end of my pregnancy. If the baby is measuring almost 10 pounds or more again, I'll just go for another c-section. If the baby is say, 8 or 9 pounds, I'll try for a regular birth. We'll see.
So, that's about it!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment