Monday, November 17, 2008

I can't believe how time flies...

when you have children. I now have a little girl. She's not a baby anymore. I look back to when she was this anti- social, colicky infant, and I used to say, "I can't wait until she's older." It's not that I didn't love these days, I totally did, I just couldn't wait to see how her personality would change, how her looks would change, things like that.

Now that she is older, I feel like I am forgetting things about her, and I don't want that to happen. I don't want to miss ANYTHING. Here is my vow to keep updating things, actually just about everything, on this blog. Oh, and not just on this blog, but in her baby book, and in a journal, just for her, where I will write in weekly. I want to be able to have something just for Kayleigh, so I don't forget the things about her that make me happy, and even the things that don't necessarily make me happy!

Kayleigh has changed so much in the past few weeks. She speaks in small sentences, likes to sing and dance, oh, and especially loves to play blocks. Blocks, blocks and more blocks all day. She has the giant Mega Blocks set, Melissa and Doug wooden blocks, and Dora the Explorer nesting blocks. Did I ever mention that Kayleigh is obsessed with Dora and Elmo? Close runners up are Diego and Zoe. As a matter of fact we just went out and bought Sesame Street decorations for Kayleigh's upcoming second birthday party. I'm so excited for her : )

She loves to sing Happy Birthday. She calls it the "Happy Cake" song. How cute is that?! She also likes to sing the "Elmo Song." You know the song, "This is the song, la la la la, Elmo Song? La la la, la la la laa." She sounds so cute when she sings it. The other day we were at the checkout line at Target. Donny was holding Kayleigh while I was paying. She started singing the song. The cashier was like, "That's so awesome!" I, of course, was beaming! She is growing up so fast!

How can I forget how cute she is when she throws tantrums in public? That has got to be one of the best gifts of parenting. She has become quite good at throwing tantrums. Every time we pull up to a store and I turn the car off, she says, "Hand? Big Girl?" Meaning, if you put me in my stroller or shopping cart, I'm not going to be happy. On the occasions that I let her hold my hand in the store so she can be a "big girl", it doesn't usually last past the parking lot. We get in and she'll follow me and be a "good girl" for about 45 seconds, then she feels the need to touch everything and point everything out. It's cute but not when we're just trying to be in and out. Then she goes on strike and will not hold my hand. Then I have to pick her up becaue she won't move. Then she screams and kicks. You know, good times...

No comments: